(This is work in progress.. much more info will follow)
To use images:
- upload some to the wiki, either by using the tool in the left sidebar, or using Special:Upload
- For now, it seems only jpg-and png-format work
- External links to images on other websites don't work, they show up as links and not as images.
- If you want, you can add a description and a Category to your image.
Finding existing images
There are a number of special pages to help you view and manage files which have been uploaded. Go to "Special pages" (in the tools on the left) and then see:
- Special:NewFiles - Gallery of new files - If you just uploaded one, you will see it here.
- Special:ListFiles - File list - Shows all of the files.
- Special:UnusedFiles Unused files - Helps you track down files which might not be needed.
After you've uploaded a new image, it doesn't automatically appear on any page -- not even the page you were on when you clicked on the "Upload file" link. You must decide on which pages of the wiki you want it to appear.
Use in a template
In a template which asks for an image file, put the name of the image instead of the default "Live.jpg" (leave out the "File:"-part from the title of the page once you uploaded it).
For example in the Spomenik Template or the Gallery Template, there are Templates called Template:Spomenik, Template:Object Table and Template:Image Row which all have the option to add images. If you don't add images, a default image will be displayed.
Notes on the templates
Images inside a template usually look the best with certain formats.
- For the images in the Gallery Template, featured on almost all the template pages, images with a ratio of the standard picture look the best
- (Note, in Progress, feature not yet in) For the images in the headers, you can either chose standard icons (displayed on the template page) or upload a nice little logo yourself. Best are images with a ratio 1 to 1 (i.e. 100x100px or 200x200px). Because these images are displayed very small, use simple images.
- The Object Template also ask for images. If you add multiple images, they will be displayed at the same width, so to keep the rows at the same height, it is advisable to use images with the same ratio.
Embedding a single image
To embed pictures and other images in a page without a template, you can type
This displays the image with no text wrapping and aligned on the left.
There are many options to display an image. You can align it left, right or center, make text wrapped around it, add captions, make thumbnails, make the image appear bigger or smaller on the page, you name it.
- for ideas about how to make a nice layout for your images if you don't use the templates, see
You can also create galleries of images by using the Gallery Template, for a layout specifically made for this wiki, or use the standard code:
<gallery> File:Image.jpg|caption </gallery>
Also here you have many option for presenting the gallery. For example, the following text will create a gallery with 3 images per row, reduces the size of the images to 200px by 200px, the whole gallery has a Header, and each image a caption.
<gallery widths=200px heights=200px perrow=3 caption="Header"> File:Image.jpg|caption </gallery>